Wednesday, October 7, 2009

It’s Mike’s birthday today and I asked him if he would like to go to one of the specialty restaurants onboard (there are two that you have to pay a $20. cover charge for: Sabatini’s (an Italian restaurant)) and The Crown Grill (a steak and seafood restaurant), but he said that he was happy with the restaurant that we always go to.

As this way a sea day, we were back to our regular schedule and got to do some more line dancing today. We really are enjoying doing this activity (well I am anyway :-) and we sure get our exercise when we spend 30 - 45 minutes doing it. We are always looking for a glass of cold water when we are done dancing.

At 11am we went to our usual lecture series and this time John spoke about the discovery of the North Pole. He makes it sound so interesting - I think that if I had had him as my history teacher when I was younger, I actually might have listened and been interested and done well in it. :-)

We decided to go to the Pub Lunch today - you don’t get any appetizers or desserts, but we are finding that we are not that hungry at lunch time anyway, so one course is enough. I had had the cottage pie (shepherd’s pie) twice already at pub lunches and so today I had the fish and chips and they were really quite good - not fishy at all. :-)  Mike had the cottage pie and he quite liked it. He has now had three out of the four choices.

When we got back from lunch, there were three balloons with the words ‘Happy Birthday’ on them on the wall outside our cabin. Our steward, Homer, had put them there for Mike - I thought that was so cute. We also got a notice telling us to let them know at dinner that it was Mike’s birthday so they could do something special for him (like sing to him, I think), but he didn’t want a fuss made over him.

Mike wasn’t feeling well after lunch and so we came back to our cabin to have a nap. I ended up finding a tv program about the U.S. space program and Mike ended up watching that while I fell asleep - he had a little nap after the end of the program.

For Mike’s birthday dinner, they had prime rib (one of his favourite meals) so it was nice that it was a choice tonight for dinner.

After dinner, we went to the show which was the ‘Australian Magician of the Year’ - James Galea. He did a lot of card tricks which were shown on the big screen so we could see what he was doing. He was really amazing at doing those. He did some other tricks, but they were too incredulous and so I wonder if the people he was using were planted in the audience.



Mike outside our cabin with his birthday balloons put up by our cabin steward, Homer.




Mike's birthday balloons outside our cabin.




James Galea - Australian Magician of the Year (I Hate Rabbits was the title of his show).

No comments:

Post a Comment